Our education program at Shir Tikvah is called the Nashira Education Project. We believe that parents are their children’s first and best teachers and that Jewish education should be creative and dynamic. Because we are an independent synagogue, we don’t follow a ‘one-size’ fits all curriculum, but try to tailor our lessons to our 80+ learners.
Our goal is to instill a lifelong long love of Jewish learning in all of our students. We welcome all parents raising Jewish children. Finances should not be a barrier to Jewish education – neither should background, disability or orientation.
For children ages 4-13, we offer:
- 18 Sunday classroom sessions per year starting in October – including art, stories and games
- Vibrant holiday celebrations with our synagogue community
- Age appropriate lessons in Torah, ethics, Jewish culture and Hebrew, including ‘Hebrew Through Movement’ for our youngest students.
- Hands-on opportunities for social action and tikkun olam
- Connection to a warm and welcoming Jewish environment
- Parent discussion group with Rabbi Ariel
9:30 am – 10:00 am: Group prayer (parent & child whole group)
10:00 am – 12:00 pm: Students in class
Non-members welcome to try out our program for up to 2 years.
(Additional fees required.)
Tucker Maxon School
2860 SE Holgate Street
Interested in learning more?
Please contact Katie Schneider, Education Director. She’d love to meet you for coffee to answer any questions about our program.
We are currently enrolling students.
Rush fees for returning families apply after 8/31.
Rosh Hashanah Family Service and Tasklikh: 9/10
Yom Kippur Family Service: 9/19
Sukkot Harvest BBQ & Annual Meeting: 9/23
Simkhat Torah: 10/1
First Sunday Session at Tucker Maxon: 10/7